Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Family Achievements

I might not have mentioned this, but I have the best family ever.

They're wonderful; supportive, fun, loving and intelligent. We also sing a lot. Often in public.

There are plenty of us - I have eight cousins, a variety of aunts and uncles, and only relatively recently lost two of my beloved grandparents.

I am truly blessed and fortunate to have grown up with such a crowd.


The only downside, if you can call it that, is that they all are, and always have been, highly successful and brilliant.

Living up to my elder cousins' achievements has always been hard; whether it was exam results, university acceptances, roles in plays, careers, even boyfriends and husbands. It's just lucky that they're all so nice, and that I love them so dearly.

At twenty seven, I'm finally having to deal with living up to my younger cousins' achievements, too.

Which is by way of saying, look out for David Whitley's new Children's Fantasy novel, The Midnight Charter, sold to publishers across the world, and due in stores in early 2009.

For more information on Davey, here's his agent's website: http://www.mvagency.com/davidwhitley.html

2 comments:

Bonnie Staring said...

My goodness Katy, I think I'd cave under the pressure! Luckily all of my cousins appear to have no ambitions whatsoever. Oh, I meant to say they're really nice people and fun to hang out with at parties. ;)

KJ said...

Yeah, the cousin playwright whose shows I go to in London, and who also writes for TV and Radio; the cousin who's a successful editor for Penguin Canada, and who won the rights to the Anne of Green Gables prequel; the cousin who just bought a 3/4 million pound house in Muswell Hill with her fiance, in advance of their supernova wedding this summer; and now the 22 year old with fantastic publishing contracts... it hard to know who to be most intimidated by!