Friday, March 17, 2006

Study-less

I'm typing this at the writing desk in my spare room, which is clearly not in any way built to house a computer. Simon has done something with pieces of wood to make it vaguely workable, but I think my wrists might break if I have to work here too long - they're resting on rather sharp edges...

The reason for this is that, six months after we bought this house, we are finally in a position to decorate my study. We've done the lounge/diner, and the bedroom and even the spare bedroom, and now it's my room's turn. Except, while we were decorating all the other rooms, we dumped all these half-full boxes of stuff into the study. Which I now need to sort through before we can start removing wallpaper and so forth.

Still, it's easier to think in here than in the study at the moment; I don't work well when I'm surrounded by mess and clutter. And the study will be lovely when it's finished.

My wrists hurt.

No comments: