Sunday, March 26, 2006

7500

You know, I was quite convinced that I'd posted here yesterday, but apparently not! And to think that I was blaming blogger for being rubbish.

Got another 2500 yesterday, in between shopping and cooking and cleaning, before our guests arrived at six.

We've just dropped them off at the station now, so I'm settling in to try and get some more words before tea.

The first week has gone really well, actually. I think that having a deadline, even one quite far away at the moment, and having the Write On guys hovering in the back of my mind has really helped me get stuck in.

I suppose I should have some goals for the next week, but I'm off to Gothenburg on Wednesday morning and don't get back until Saturday night. I probably won't have much in the way of internet or even computer access while I'm out there, and I'll be working pretty much all hours, so it's difficult to know how much I'll be able to achieve.

Ideally, I guess, I'd like to hit 10K total tonight (which is very optimistic) and then get another 2500 over the next couple of days.

Then, while I'm away, I can concentrate a bit more on plotting and thickening the story, and perhaps get some words down if I get the time.

Maybe I should just see how I get on tonight first!

1 comment:

KJ said...

Thank you!

Gothenburg is either going to be calm but boring (in which case I might get some writing done) or panic-ridden and dreadful (in which case I won't).

Oh well, next month it's San Francisco!