Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August

A whole new month, and my write-on novel off my back. What joyous days!

Except, of course, that I now have a new list of things to get done in the next 31 days:

  1. Finish the revisions for Snow Child
  2. Write 20k on Saving the Unicorns
  3. Get a job I like

I expect that somehow 1 and 2 will be much easier than 3.

Other things happening this month:

  • Family weekend in Porthmadog, with a lunch at Portmeirion (Italianate village where The Prisoner was filmed) on the bank holiday
  • Dinner with the cousins in London tonight
  • My mum and brother to visit on Thursday for a long weekend
  • Weekend with friends in London sometime soon
  • Trip to John Lewis to pick out items for the wedding gift list
  • Probably lots of other stuff I've forgotten about.

I think I like August. Except that now I have to go get ready to head into the office to wrangle with financial reconciliations with the boss. Only technically employed there for another 13 days...

No comments: