Thursday, August 10, 2006

London

No work done at all this morning, as I've been glued to BBC News 24 watching the coverage of the foiled terrorist attacks on UK to US planes.

My Dad flew into Heathrow from Cairo around midday, and obviously his connecting flight to Manchester has been cancelled. Mum and I have been on the phone all morning trying to figure out how to get him home quickest; he's been away working for a month, and just wants to get back!

I've found him a coach to Watford that should be quicker that taking the train into the city then across to Euston and back out again. He should be able to pick up a train to Crewe from Watford, and if they're too packed, I can go pick him up from there and he can stay with us tonight and try again tomorrow.

I was all set to drive down to Heathrow, but looking at the traffic, this should be quicker for him, I hope.

I've seen a few people complaining that the security measures regarding hand luggage are too strong, but personally, I think that anything that keeps people safe has to be done, no matter how inconvenient.

In other news, I spent yesterday in London with my cousin who's down from Birmingham, having afternoon tea at Selfridges and doing some shopping. Then we met up with her brother and went to see the stage musical of Footloose. It may have been the wine in the bar beforehand, but we thought it was fantastic! My cousin Phil bought each of us a Footloose bear, complete with logo tshirt. Mine's called Kevin.

May have to watch the dvd of the film this afternoon...

No comments: