Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Saving the Unicorns

This is a story I began last summer, that got derailed by a number of events that upset my life for a while.

It's aimed at the 8-12 year old reading group, so it's short. I'd already done about 8k on it last year, plus all the required planning, so now I just want to steam ahead and finish the thing.

I really like the story, the characters and the setting; I'm even fond of the plot. It should be a lot of fun to write.

I've just hit 10k on it, so that's 2k since I restarted it, and I'm already engrossed. Hopefully this will go quite quickly.

It can't possibly go as slowly as the Snow Child revision, but more on that next time.

1 comment:

Bonnie Staring said...

Whoa! Two writing projects over 1,500 words in length? Slow down, please...can't take the pressure...

Okay, I'm done. Good luck on the job hunt!