Saturday, September 30, 2006

Other things

For some reason, it's been a really hard couple of weeks.

Partly, this may be down to autumnal health issues - Simon's been sick all this week with a cold/throat/head bug which I'm now suffering from (and complaining at least twice as much as he did).

Also, the wedding planning is kicking into high speed now, with only five more weeks to go (oh God).

Add in the new job, which inevitably involves a lot of concentration if I even want to remember people's names (something I am very bad at) let alone what I'm actually supposed to be doing.

All this is by way of saying, "The writing's not going so well."

On the other hand, I have my half hour agreement with Bonnie. This, at least, has enabled me to keep moving with stuff. I've actually used the time mostly to finish up loose ends, get some short stuff written, and plan and plot away quietly, which is more inkeeping with my limited attention span right now.

I'm also very aware that it is nearly October. It seems kind of pointless setting lofty goals for the next month, when I know that so much of it will be filled with table plans and place cards. But as long as I can keep my 1/2 hour a day, I should be okay.

Now that most of the loose ends and smaller things are finished, I need to commit to using my half hour to edit Saving the Unicorns. I'm going through the hard copy, very slowly, at the moment, although I've barely started. I also haven't brought it to Wales this weekend, so it'll have to wait until Monday. Instead, today and tomorrow will be spent getting over this stinking cold, and thinking and noting my way through a few writing issues I know I have to deal with next month.

It's frustrating to have everything moving so slowly at the moment, but at least it is still moving.

1 comment:

Bonnie Staring said...

Don't sweat the lack of big honkin' goals Katy - you have enough on your plate right now! It's amazing how easy squeezing in that half hour is, isn't it? Especially when I get to it first thing in the morning.

Need to remember names? Draw a little map of the office with notes on everyone you've met so far (Lou, big forehead, likes marmite sandwiches, etc.). Just don't keep it out on your desk!