Thursday, September 28, 2006

Things that are happening to me right now.

Right now, I am about to be late for work. However, I'm not going anywhere until my fiance has managed to saw his way out of the bathroom.

Seriously.

A couple of weeks ago the mechanism in the door handle broke on the door to my study, while Simon and I were outside. With the aid of a screwdriver, Simon managed to jimmy the door so we could get in, and has dismantled the mechanism so that, while we can't shut the door properly, we can't get stuck in or outside the room.

Same thing just happened to the bathroom door, except this time, Simon's inside.

Because of the way the door is set up, you need to be inside the room to do anything about it. And there isn't enough space under the door to pass a screwdriver.

I managed to get a saw blade underneath, though, and he's currently sawing through the mechanism. He thinks he's nearly there.

I'd better go give some more encouragement...

2 comments:

Bonnie Staring said...

OMG, did he get out? And I have to ask, do you have a second bathroom? ;)

KJ said...

He did get out, after about 20 minutes of sawing through the latch! And yes, luckily we do have another bathroom...