Wednesday, July 19, 2006

57,000

I think that this thing is going to run way short - at the moment it's looking to finish at about 65,000.

On the other hand, I know there's stuff missing - in some cases big, wordy stuff. I just don't know how best to fit it all in until the basics are finished and I start revising.

Also, there's little to no description in most scenes. I guess it could be quite a bit longer after the rewrite.

I'm at home today, and for most days until mid-August. I'm choosing to describe this time as 'garden-leave'. Technically, though, I'm working from home. Except this is only because there's nothing for me to do in the office, so it's not exactly labour intensive.

Anyway, I have a schedule for the next few weeks, which also includes trips to North Wales, Manchester and London for a variety of reasons, and high hopes that I may get some serious writing done during this time.

So. On current outline, only 8,000 words until the first draft is finished.

So very nearly there...

No comments: