Monday, July 03, 2006

Getting There

I have just spent the most wonderful week at the seaside, exploring ruins and castles, shopping in craft shops, eating at fantastic restaurants, paddling in the sea, and writing. I'll try and post some pics later.

I got reasonable work done on the WIP, purely by getting up every morning and sitting down to write while having my first cup of coffee. The lack of internet access obviously helped.

I know that to finish my first draft on deadline for the Write-Ons (July 31st), I need to write 1000 words every day. It'll be a short first draft, as usual, but I know there's more detail to add in - I just can't see what until I have a finished draft!

So this morning, I got up early like I used to before life went crazy, made coffee, disabled the internet access at my study computer for the morning, and wrote 1181 words in 40 minutes.

I just hope the rest of the month is that easy!

Other news; the story I want to write next is set in Tenby in South Wales, my favourite holiday spot, so while we were there last week I took the opportunity to finish the plotting and research for that too. Simon took lots and lots of photos for me, that I hope will jog my memory about layouts and colours and details when I sit down to write it next month.

Wedding invitations are out, and lovely responses are coming in. One or two problems with family on Simon's side, but hopefully we'll get all that sorted out.

And at some point this week I need to discuss resigning with my boss...

2 comments:

Bonnie Staring said...

Finally! Thanks for the update Katy...I was wondering what had happened to you. Welcome back.

KJ said...

Sorry! I guess I just kinda... fell out of time for a while.

Great progress on your WIP, incidentally. I'm trying to catch you up...